Last month, I was fretting about what to do - whether to give up my church job or retain it. My main reason for wanting to give it up was to spend more time in reading my college notes to get the most out of what I am being taught. I also wanted to spend more time in prayer and to be there for mum and her dogs. Pretty genuine reasons really. Also, I thought someone else could benefit from the opportunity to have their college fees paid. I never really needed the money because I have some good savings, plus I do babysitting, so that covers my expenses.... I can't give up babysitting, well I could, but I don't want to. I am Angelina'a personal coach with regard to teaching her what the Bible says and praying for her daily to fulfill God's amazing call on her life.
Anyway, the same African brother who gave me that encouraging word in my last blog post told me he had a vision for me. He saw a crossroad before me. He said I was standing before it and wanting to go a different way to the one God wanted for me. He felt a burden to pray for me. Around that time I talked to Tammy, who was the second last person to hold that role. I told her my feelings about resigning and she advised against it. She said that if I have committed in any way to a timeframe to be in that job, then I need to honor it. Like, if for example, I have said I will be there for a year, then I need to stay (that gave it away that she had spoken to Ps Judy!). She also said that just because other people may appreciate the opportunity more, they are not necessarily suitable for the job.
It made me think. I thought about how the Holy Spirit was the one who recommended me in the first place - the pastors prayed and He gave them my name. I recall one day months earlier than that how I saw my predecessor in the role and had this little thought that I'd like to do her job (I know the thought was not my own - in hindsight I realise it was the Holy Spirit stirring me). I thought about how I had transformed the job and spent countless hours on the holidays making spreadsheets to better manage the data, spreadsheets that no one else knows how to use cos they haven't had training in Excel. I thought about how a third year student told us how, many years ago, she was very privileged to receive an admin job at the church that paid her fees. I thought about all the other students who were not considered for the opportunity. I thought about my high work ethics since day one of the job, how I have become the sort of employee I would personally hire if I needed someone - the type who works hard, strives for excellence, doesn't waste time with idle chit chat, etc... and I came to the realisation that God had planted me there, so I decided to stay.
Shortly after having peace in my heart that I was to remain in the church job, this African brother of mine asked me what I had done, because he sensed I had peace and he no longer discerned a crossroad before me, but rather that I had taken the right path. How amazing that God would tell him!
He also shared another vision for me. He said God told him I have a great and bright future ahead of me - God said that to him three times. He said he saw a bright light - very bright. He said God told him I am an intercessor and I will clear the way for many. He saw me carrying the burdens of many people. He said God will equip me. He said he saw me with a sword in my hand. He said God's plan will take me on a path I don't expect. A diversion as he saw it.
The more I think about my future, the more I feel as though God wants me to stay at the church, but I have thrown an ultimatum at Him. I told Him that if He truly wants me to stay there, then He had better bring my future spouse into my life beforehand, or else I would not go into ministry. Fair enough, I mean I am 33 now (as of last Thursday) and I have been standing on God's Word for a very long time. I haven't dated anyone for about eight years now! I have withdrawn from relationships I could have pursued, but didn't because I knew they were not God's will for my life. I have laid down my career and all my desires to pursue God with all my heart. I know He has the right partner for me - a man of integrity, faithfulness and purity. A mighty man of valor who loves the Lord with all his heart, is a diligent student of the Word, a mighty prayer warrior, fit, healthy, attractive, intelligent, easy-going and who knows how to deal with my family. One who deeply loves me and is committed to me... the one whose name is beside mine in the scroll of the Lord. The Holy Spirit told me this man is searching for me. God's Spirit will bring us together..... wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment