18 February 2009

Spilled the beans

I have felt physically ill just thinking about telling mum about my plan to move out.... but I know I am doing the right thing. I had a long chat to Jeanette the other night and she said sometimes children take on too much responsibility and parents demand more from them than they should and she said I need to come separate. It is time for me to stand on my own feet and live like an adult. I just spoke Phil Howell on the phone and he asked me when I was moving out and I said "as soon as I get the courage to tell mum". I told him ideally I would like to move out ASAP.

Anyway, I got home and was determined to tell her, so I just went to her room and spilled the beans. Surprisingly, she did not get really angry or worked up. She just said "ok, can you give me a time frame?", so I said some time within the next two weeks. Is there more of a reaction coming? .... all this angst for nothing? I pray that's the case and all remains calm and sweet.....

No comments: