The first was the revelation that when a person accepts Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, they become righteous. Righteousness is the ability to stand in the presence of God without a sense of guilt, condemnation or inferiority. It's becoming superior to satan and gaining the understanding that we can freely ask God for anything in accordance with His will for us and confidently know that He will listen to us and grant us our request. There is a Scripture that says "the effectual, fervant prayers of a righteous man avail much" - James 5:16b and for many years, I kept praying God would make me righteous because i wanted Him to answer my prayers. Anyway, having the revelation that I am that righteous person has given me this real excitement inside. I now have a greater passion for prayer ;-) Praise God!!!
The second was the revelation that when we are fearful, we are actually full-of-fear. Fear is the reciprocal of faith (faith is "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" - Hebrews 11:1). Anyway, Ps Jim told us that when we are full of fear, it is equivalent to us having more faith in the devil than we do in God. His words peirced my heart and i went away feeling shocked! That night I claimed back the territory i had given to the devil and put it into God's big hands. Since then (about three weeks ago), i have had the deepest deepest peace.
Although all the same family problems are there, i have not felt at all worried or fearful or anxious about them. Consequently, my sleep has been peaceful - a big contrast to before that revelation. I was previously tossing and turning and so traumatised thinking but "what if this or that happened"... When i couldn't sleep before, i struggled to get out of bed in the morning. I couldn't pray properly, my worship time was compromised and i couldn't concentrate in class very well, so i was missing many of the pearls of wisdom that were generously being given to us through each lecturer. Wow, what a difference now.
In addition, it's like there is a tape player playing church songs inside me 24/7. All these songs that i heard in church so many years ago when i wasn't a committed Christian are going over and over in my mind. It is very beautiful. I'll end this post with the most recent song:
You are beautiful beyond description
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvellous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp
You're infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty, enthroned above
And I stand, I stand in awe of You
And I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You
No comments:
Post a Comment