02 June 2007

Home no more ;-(

I am totally dumbfounded! Today the owner of the house and i were going to meet so she could formally seal the deal for me to purchase her property. She had already agreed verbally and by SMS and i had already sorted out my finances and settlement agent. However, she had second thoughts and has decided not to sell me the place because she wants more money for it, and is, therefore, going to re-advertise. I didn't anticipate that happening!

To be honest, i am really not that fussed, because it all happened so quickly. I had only put that offer in last Saturday, as my first offer ever, and didn't expect it to be accepted so soon! I was pretty foolish in that i didn't elaborate on my special conditions and i didn't say my offer would expire at a certain date.... meaning that if i hadn't forced her to sign a letter today saying she was rejecting my offer, she could actually have sat on my offer and waited to see if she had had a better offer and only let me know when it was too late to arrange eveything, therefore, making me incur all sorts of penalty fees. I am so grateful mum is a lawyer!

I also feel a hell of a lot richer and might just go out and do some serious shopping now.

3 comments:

L&M Strydom said...

Everything happens for the right reason @ the right time... this was a good experience to get it done perfectly for even a better place just waiting for you. :-) Timing is everything.

Mv$H said...

Yeah i suppoose so ;-)

Liz_kare said...

Don't know much about buying houses here in Australia, but all I can tell you dear, is just hang in there, and remember God has the right place waiting for you.

Liz.