07 July 2013

Homestay

Well it turns out that my two students from Brazil cancelled, so they gave me a student from South Korea! What an hilarious change in plans. So suddenly all my food preparation plans changed to an Asian theme. Haha

Well i am so grateful to God for the change because I just love my korean student and couldn't think of a better one to have. She is the sweetest, purest, most respectful girl. She is gentle and really quiet because she speaks almost no English. That's ok, we have learnt to communicate with very minimal words and drama, which is kind of fun. I am re-learning the Korean phrases I used so frequently in South Korea.

Yesterday, my friend June who has two homestay students from Columbia and Japan and only lives one road away, decided to combine our students for an outing. We took them to Hillarys for coffee and then to Pinneroo to see the kangaroos and then to June's house for a yummy dinner. It was so nice.

Getting involved with hosting a student has resulted in new found joy. I am just so thankful to God. He is so worthy to be praised. Hallelujah!

No comments: