I FINALLY had a house offer accepted. I am so totally wrapped. I managed to get one under $500K to take advantage of the stamp duty exemption and first home buyer's grant. I bought a cute villa in Scarborough. It is actually pretty large for a 3 bedroom villa with a big open plan lounge and dining area and courtyard area. God is so awesome. It was owned by a 91 year old retired doctor who rented it out.
The place looks totally amazing outside, but unfortunately, the inside looks like an absolute wreck (kind of looks like what my life was like before Christ! - haha). I don't think anyone could possibly live in it at it's current state, so i'll be ripping up the carpets and getting the house painted, as well as doing some handman repairs.....
I think the previous tenant must have had an anger problem because there are holes in the walls (looks like they were made with a broom handle), paint chipped off, liquid (probably alcohol) stains on the walls, gross stenched and stained carpets, lights broken, door handles missing ... but I actually think this place is really beautiful. I see amazing potential and it is a really great deal for this area. I have been researching the market for months now and if this place was painted and new carpets put in, it would easily be worth a lot more! Seriously, it is a great first home and i am totally thrilled. I'll be moving in late Feb or early March.
Once it is renovated, i'll be having a prayer/fasting/worship get-to-gether in it (prior to a house-warming). I may not own any furniture by then, as i sold it all before i went to America, but i'll have some cushions for kneeling on and new floorboards by then! Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment