02 April 2010

Gladstone

Well thanks to the hailstorm, the accommodation we were meant to move into is damaged and we get to stay in a lovely modern air-conditioned funky little place in Gladstone Rd. I only have to share a room with 19 girls and the rest of the house has lotsa other people in other rooms, but there is a really nice kitchen, lounge and upstairs area to hangout in. I was doing a Google search and found this blog from a girl who used to be staying in the same place! :o)

I find it really amazing because the road I live on now is called Turnstone Rd and it is so appropriately named because moving into this place was like a big turning point for me - turning over a new stone..... and also God is like a stone for me - He is my foundations and He has really laid great foundations in my life through Bible College over the last two years. The road I am moving into is called Gladstone Rd and I just know that it will be symbolic of my life - I will be glad, I will rejoice.... because BIG gates are opening for me and I am moving into incredible blessings. I just know it deep down in my heart. God is so good. Here I was thinking it was such a crappy place and it turns out to be the total opposite! Oh, so typical of God.

I went and claimed my bed today - a lovely bottom bunk in the corner of the room. I am really happy with it. Glory to God.

Just looked up the meaning of the word "glad" in the dictionary and this is what it said:

1. feeling joy or pleasure; delighted; pleased: glad about the good news; glad that you are here.
2. accompanied by or causing joy or pleasure: a glad occasion; glad tidings.
3. characterized by or showing cheerfulness, joy, or pleasure, as looks or utterances.
4. very willing: I'll be glad to give him your message.

No comments: