Well, some few weeks after I was determined to change my situation, I now have three jobs and have gotten through the exam week with flying colours and am nearing graduation next week! The first job was that night fill job, at which I have now completed a couple of shifts. It is the weirdest job because people rock up wearing gloves, headphones (and IPODs), armed with a black text and stanley knife and with little, if any, desire to talk to anyone else. How strange!, so I have just sung in tongues for the entire four hour shift each time! ...sung my little heart out and had a great time.
The work is easy, we just wheel out a cage loaded with boxes into the relevant aisle, then we take a box full of goodies off the cage, use the knife to open it, have a look at the goods, find their appropiate home on the shelf, load them onto the shelf, then flatten out the box, pack it away on the cage, then select another box and the procedure begins again. When we can't find an item or there are too many of that item ont he shelf, we write "c/f" or "o/s", which stands for "can't find" or "overstock" on the box and put the box back on the cage. Then we select another box, open it, load the items on the shelf, flatten the box, then select another box, etc... like all night, that's it ;-) The great thing is it is time and a half pay.
So that's job number one. Job number two came as a total surpise. One day during monring tea, our Dean of Studies came up to me at college and asked me if I would like to accept an administration job at the church looking after the correspondence students, as well as the reception desk every now and then. Well, I prayed about it and decide to accept. They don't actually pay you, but rather, just give you a discount on your college fees. Not entirely sure how much. I don't really care, to be honest, because it wasn't the money nor the work experience that I accepted the job for. Rather, it was the opportunity to acquire some new role models.
In line with the job, I have to sit in the office with two pastors, the two oldest among the teaching staff, who are close to 70 years old. Then there are three other pastors and one p/a I also have to interact with. They scare the hell out of me, because I know they are all prophetic and can sense stuff about me, but it's cool. Interestingly, only shortly after I had accepted the position, Rinna came and congratulated me. I hadn't told her, I think the girl doing the job told her, and as soon as she said that, it was like I could sense that she wasn't genuinely happy for me. I realise in hindsight that she had her eyes on the job.
Seeing she had publicly told people I got the job, I decided to tell a few people and instead of them being happy for me, I could sense a bit of jealousy. It actually stole my joy and made me feel really awful about it because I knew others are more needy with regard to the financial side than I am. So after a few days of feeling really down and condemned and all, I went to talk to then Dean of Studies about it. She told me that the pastors had prayed and my name came to mind. The Holy Spirit apparently recommended me. She said that the other name that came to their minds was Rinna, so if I had declined their offer, whe would have received the offer. Instead, she apparently will be offered a cleaning job. Interesting. So anyway, after hearing that, I felt a real peace about accepting the job.
Then job number three is my babysitting of Angelina job ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment