Went to Villa Picasso tonight for Tam's 20th bday. A couple of weeks ago, Julz surprised me with a request for me to babysit Angelina because she was going to a women's meeting at a church somewhere. I was pretty stoked, so of course I said yes. Anyway, I only realised a couple of nights ago that the night she planned to go just so happened to be the same night at Tam's bday dinner. I asked mum if she could babysit Angelina instead, but she said no and so I made the wrong decision to bring her along to the dinner party. BIG mistake.
I dressed up in a beautiful white floral dress and a cream wrap-around lacy woven cardigan and brown boots, and I dressed up Angelina really nicely too in a soft pink woollen jumpsuit. When we got there, it was in an upstairs, warm sunny room and I realised straight away that we were both dressed way too warmly (my jacket being a tie around top that wasn't really suited to taking off). Then as the guests started to arrive, Angelina started getting unsettled and we were both breaking into a sweat and it was just awful and the people I didn't know asked me whose baby it was and I had to explain that she was my sister's baby, and then the ones I already knew commented about how I must spend more time with her than her mum and I said how Julz was at a church meeting in answer to prayer and it got me into some awkward conversations. I couldn't really get up and move around and socialise either because I had Angelina on my lap.
Then the dinners started coming out, and because I had to hold Angelina, I had chosen one of two easy-to-eat-with-one-hand dishes, which was the gnocci. Well the gnocci was not only hot in temperature, but also in spice levels and I didn't really like the taste of it, so it made me sweat even more.
A few people tried to settle Angelina for me while I attempted to eat the meal, but she just kept crying and so I left my meal and raced her out the door and as soon as we got to the car she quietened down. I realised I had to leave. So I ran back upstairs with my money for the meal I had barely touched, handed it to Tammy and apologised before leaving without talking to anyone else.
I left feeling so disappointed with the realisation that helping to babysit Angelina is destroying my life. I do look after her to much and I need to break away and get on with my own life.
No comments:
Post a Comment