27 November 2008

Lots...


Lotsa things have happened over the last couple of weeks. I just finished six exams and a whole lot of assignments and we're heading up to graduation shortly!

With regard to that night-fill job, it's funny cos I put in my CV Saturday, got a phone call Monday to come in for an interview and then when I went in, I was just overwhelmed with peace. Colossians 3:15 says to let the peace of God be your umpire. Within 5 minutes, the Manager said she would be happy to take me on board. Easy. I had the 3hr induction training last Saturday. Pretty boring cos we just filled out numerous forms and watched DVDs about correct lifting techniques. Not the most enthralling viewing material, but anyway, I believe God has a divine plan for me being there. My first proper shift is tomorrow night.

Anyway, last week during morning tea at college, one of the pastors came up to me and asked me if I would like to do an office job at church, doing all the administrative work behind the scenes for the correspondence students. I realised over the weekend that this would mean I would have to do second year Bible college starting next year (I was considering having a six-month break), because they don't actually pay you, but rather deduct money out of your Bible college fees. Pretty cool. So, on Tuesday I decided to accept their offer, meaning I will work two afternoons a week for the Church, sitting out the front! I guess they saw me faithful in the little things (e.g. volunteering in bookshop, interceding for the students every week, making it to prayer every morning at college...) that it's like I got a small promotion.

And I have agreed to babysit Angelina three days a week for Jules for cash during my holidays, I am not so sure I want to continue this into next year's Bible college though!

And then there's Angelique's Saturday running group that I would love to get to every Saturday. So suddenly, my life has become very busy. Maybe a bit too busy. Nah, His grace is sufficent. Apparently, second year is not as intense. Oh I hope they are right.

No comments: