16 June 2008

First night with Julz and two dogs!

Last night was a hard night - the first night that Julz and her two BIG German Shepherds have slept over. I gave her my orthopaedic mattress, only to realise afterwards that the second mattress underneath it isn't actually another mattress, but rather just a rock hard base that cannot be slept on ;-( ...so i had to sleep upstairs in the room we set up as a baby room. It was absolutely freezing and having Julz sleeping over changed the spiritual atmosphere of the house, so it was challenging trying to sleep. I tossed and turned all night.

In the early hours of the morning, I had a vision of Ps Judy's face (Ps Judy is the Dean of the college). Then when i woke up, the verse from Joshua 1:9 came to mind. It says "Have i not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go". I went up to her today and told her and she said that that is a verse that she says to herself every day. What was amazing is that Heidi stood up in our prayer class today with Ps Gail and shared the exact same verse, saying that God gave it to her. I think God's trying to tell me something....

Julz and mum have gone to see Dr Margo now to have another scan done. Mum felt the Lord say that the baby is coming VERY soon. It'll be interesting to hear what Dr Margo has to say. It's 36 weeks now for Julz baby.

No comments: