19 May 2007

City Dining

Went to two restaurants last week.
On Thursday, I went to the C Restaurant.
I wasn't particularly impressed with the revolving restaurant. Most of us got the salad entree, which had long, dry and crispy strips of very salty bacon, combined with short, soft, moist, stips of smoked beef, along with some really soggy white cheese and extremely strong vinagrette-flavoured lettuce leaves. It was just way too much flavour. We were screwing our faces up with every mouthful. Bluuurggh. My main meal was fish and chips, which was ok - but it was all really expensive and not very satisfying. Anyway, the whole concept of having a rotating floor seemed very bizarre to me, actually it made me feel a bit dizzy. While the view outside was nice, it was strange watching the inside atmosphere change. At one stage, we went past a speaker in the wall that was blasting out rock music! Then along another part of the wall were five little paintings, including one with a naked woman who had no arms. Des, one of the Manager's, commented that the artist must not have felt a need to paint anything else after they had painted the lady's breasts. Haha, what a crack-up.
Then on Friday, I went to the Seizan Restaurant.
The Japanese restaurant was absolutely lovely, with low-lying tables and waitresses dressed in kimonos. They were so beautiful and elegant to look at. There was no view, but the atmosphere was very inviting, with soft lighting and gentle music. As with all Japanese food, it was immaculately presented. I had terriyaki chicken with tempura, rice, miso and a few other things. It was cheap too, especially in comparisom to the C Restaurant! I'd love to go there again.






On Wednesday next week, i'll be going to another work function at the Old Swan Brewery, which will be awesome. I have never been inside there, but i've caught glimpses of it as i've rollerbladed past on the river side.

1 comment:

Liz_kare said...

Hey Michelle,

Hope you are keeping well.I'm surprised you didn't really like the C Restaurant.Went there once, it was during the weekend though, and the food was really good (including the salad).I must say it was kinda expensive, but they had an offer for us called the "Early Bird" specials.One of those where you "Eat and get the hell outta there" for a cheaper price.I realised that day there a number of cheap skates in Perth!