12 April 2013

Psalm 91

Yesterday I awoke from a very unpleasant dream. The devil is such a liar. So then I gave him a headache by praying loudly in tongues from when I got up (about 4:20am) to 6:00am. In the car, as usual, I prayed Psalms 23, 27 and 91 over my family and the pastors and my friends and I.

Amazingly, I had the best day at work. I wasn't tired at all and I was really productive. I worked 8.5 hours. On the way out, I slipped in the rain and went crashing down the concrete stairs. I remembered praying Psalm 91 and I knew God was faithful. My body was just stunned for a moment and two ladies  and a guy witnessed my fall. One came to help. She said "oh thank goodness us ladies have fat in our b..." then she stops, looks me up and down and goes "Ohhhhh", as if to imply I had no fat! hahaha Oh it made me laugh inside, though my body was in shock. It took me a while to get up and I felt a dizzy cloud of nausea come over me.

As I crossed the road, I began to declare Scripture over myself and thank God He is my healer and protector and that He sent His angels to lift me up in their hands so that my feet would not strike stones. I started to sing in tongues and felt the deepest joy as I walked to the train station. I got home and could feel pain and swelling in my butt, but overall, I was in great shape. No serious damage - just three bruises, no cut skin. I thought I had torn my skirt, but actually it was fine.

As I lay down to sleep early at 8:00pm, I could feel pain. I woke up to see the HUGEST bruise on my butt and decided to use my fall as an excuse to take the day off work, as one of ten free sick days we are entitled to when we work for Government. Praise the Lord.

Another testimony of God's special care and protection over me. I am so grateful to my beautiful Jesus.

Earlier in the week, one of my bosses was hit by a car on her bike. She hasn't been back to work since. Poor thing. My heart is grieved she doesn't not know Jesus.

No comments: