Well today I woke up feeling a little downcast, so I called some words of encouragement into my life. When I got to class, James told me I looked nice in what I was wearing, which was really sweet, especially cos I've been feeling so old around these younger ones, even though everyone thinks I look just as young as them all.
Then I get to class. We've been studying the father heart of God all week and yesterday we had to choose a name out of a container and ask God how He wanted to show His father heart to that person, a fellow classmate. Well I went home and asked some of the girls for their advice and they said that my young guy likes coffee and one suggested I buy him some cake. I thought they were great ideas and was going to do both and top it up with some nice encouraging words written on a piece of paper. Then I had a quick nap and when I woke up, I felt God say to take a piece of paper, write Ansen's name on it and stand up the front of the class and get everyone to say whatever they liked about him and for me to write down all their comments. Well the class was very enthusiastic and the page was rapidly covered in all sorts of very uplifting comments. I know that would have been really touching. I really liked the way out school leader Anders felt led to sit beside Ansen and ask him if he could be like an older brother to him and sit and listen to all the encouragement he received. So sweet :o) That really blessed me being used by God to bless someone else.
So then all of a sudden it was my turn and Terry, the Surfer's DTS leader, wrote my name on the board.... and he washed my feet!!! I was only just telling some of the guys over dinner last night how I would absolutely die of embarrassment if someone did that to me and then I find myself in the hot seat having it done to me! Ha ...and Terry kept telling me I was precious. I did feel embarrassed, but thankfully made it through. When I sat down, I could feel God's presence all around me. It was just so sweet. There was definitely a really sweet anointing on what he did. I knew that was from God.
Then in the afternoon after work duties, Andrew, a big tall American guy who is 26 told me he was just going to say I was 24 because he just could not accept my real age. That actually really touched me, boy I wish everyone had that attitude. Then I wouldn't feel so insecure about my age.
No comments:
Post a Comment