19 January 2010

Praise God for Wendy

I have recently connected with Wendy from W/o Walls who I can see as a great new mentor for me. She is absolutely awesome and came around for coffee a couple of weeks ago. I just love her and really feel a deep connection with her because she understands brokenness and dysfunctional families and what it is like to have people in your life who act and speak totally differently in the presence of other people. One minute angry, the next minute sweet and nice. I chatted to her for about three hours.

Her dad was an alcoholic who abused her mum. Their house was full of anger and violence and God has worked it all out - not the way she wanted, but she said she learnt to accept that she will never get the family she wants from them. She has only had peace in her life for the last five years. She is 45 now. She is married to a really stable nice guy, Craig, and they have three beautiful Godly children. I really admire her and just sent her a message to arrange another coffee sesh with her.

Kristin just left for Thailand yesterday. I am actually quite relieved to have a break from her. It annoys me that she has openly shared my life with others. Christine, her mentor, came and hugged me one day in church and wouldn't let go, choosing to start praying for me without asking for my permission. It was hot and I really didn't appreciate it. That was what made me realise how much Kristin has shared with her. I almost feel like Kristin has betrayed my confidence and I am starting to realise more and more that she says a lot of negative things about people, then to their face she is sweet as candy. I don't like that double-sided nature. I really need a good break from her. She'll be back just before her birthday on 7 Feb.

No comments: