03 April 2009

African hair style!

Things are going good. I have moved into a season of blessings. Every week now, people come over to my house on Friday arvos just after 5pm and have coffee, before heading to the Well. Today Kristin, Cheri, Ben, Netty and Marise are coming ... and maybe Alice, Peter, Wolfy, Dee and others....

Tomorrow, I am getting my hair braided in African style with extensions put in, so my hair will be two colours. I am so excited, but a bit nervous. It costs $200 and will take between 4 and 6 hours to complete... hopefully four hours will do it. It seems like a VERY long time!!! It better be good. I have chosen to let Marise's friend, Rose, do it because although she is expensive, apparently she does it really well and uses high quality products. I had a look at the job a girl in college did for another student and it was done with cheap synthetic material that pretty much looked like red wool. Really gross and definitely not worth the time or money invested in doing it. In fact within one week, she removed it and had her hair done differently by someone else, cos it was so bad. Apparently, mine will last a couple of months.

No comments: